Monday 12 January 2009

New Web Address


Well, I had to change the URL address of my site because the previous one had this awful adds right at the top of a page which really spoiled the design concept. I contacted  the administrator to find out if there is a way to remove them and he told me that if I don't want adds I can always upgrade (which is paid, certainly). Moreover, trypod.com does not support php files which was necessary for the contact form to work properly. I wouldn't be able to receive any of those interesting comments you are going to send me.

I remained in touch with the creator of the contact file and he recommended that I use another host and he emailed me the entire list of different sites that provide this type of service. I tried many and picked this one because of the domain name I'll be using, which is 


It wasn't without it's complications. I was very confused with the URL I was given on a permanent bases (until the domain is activated). It all worked but the URL address contained 10-digit number and nothing to do we me or journalism. I contacted the administrator then, who fixed the problem within 5 minuts. As a result, I have my site, my cool URL address and a free host


No comments: