Monday 8 December 2008

Poster Design

I have spent the last couple of days designing a poster for my project. Despite the extensive experience in InDesign I posses I still found it extremely difficult and time-consuming.

I also find having to work on the images of myself a little bit intimidating. I feel like I lose the sense of visual objectivity when I work with my own images. It just feel so strange...

Anyways, due to my other university
 commitments I had very little time to work on my project lately and today I had to show my work in progress to the rest of the class. I did not have much so having design the poster that was the most important part of my presentation.

I think that in overall Maria liked the poster but she suggested the the picture of me being close to the original image and simply pasted into the poster drawings of stairs and doors looked a bit out of place. I do agree with that comment and I was looking for a way to adjust the picture so it look like drawing too and is consistent throughout. 

I have tried different filters in Photoshop and InDesign but nothing
 seemed to work. I thought I have to find an alternative so I googled for tutorials on how to convert a photograph into a color drawing. I found something called Akvis Sketch. I have never heard of this software before but it looked pretty straight forward, easy-to-use and effective way of converting the image so I gave it a go and downloaded it. 

Here is a corrected version of the poster. I believe I will still need to change it later as it should include the module name and code but I will leave it for later stage of production processes.




No comments: