Tuesday 4 November 2008

Moving images idea!

At the beginning of september I went for a short trip to Brighton mainly in order to test my new digital SLR camera. I was just downloading the images taken that day onto my computer tonight and when I was viewing on as a slide show I came up with an excellent idea.

Using my new camera I can take up to three pictures per second. I could use this feature to create a series of images of me that when played one by one in flash, for example, would create an illusion of a video. I could combine it with different graphic elements on different layers in flash and make something like a movie, set in virtual space! I could record my voice welcoming a viewer on my online portfolio website and introduce the key issues my project intend to tauch.

I can imagine myself lifting my arm sideways to present to menu appearing on the side 'as a result' of the movement. It's difficult to describe in words how I see it at the moment, however, I strongly believe that such an original introduction to my website would add a real edge to the final product. It would be something nobody else thought of before: the unique combination of creativity and journalistic protectionism.... and, most importantly, an excellent form of self-promotion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see your involvement with the project, thinking about different possibilities and ways of engaging the viewer, in this case a possible employer.
maria